News Launch Day: July 31, 2019
Speak to: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The Chittenden Highway and trailhead parking location, and the Mount Washburn Path by means of the Chittenden Road will near August 6-8, 2019. See map for aspects.
- A reminder. As previously introduced on June 5, 2019, the Mount Washburn Trail and trailhead parking whole lot at Dunraven Go will close August 6-27 for advancements.
- Owing to the future closures, be sure to acquire notice and approach appropriately.
- August 6-8, the summit of Mount Washburn will be inaccessible.
- August 9-27, the summit of Mount Washburn will be obtainable only via the Chittenden trailhead parking location.
- Found north of Canyon Junction, these closures are important for general public safety and to phase substance (44,000 lbs of log pilings and concrete, 4 dump truck masses of cold blend asphalt and a few dump truck loads of weed-totally free gravel) in help of the next advancements:
- alternative of a deteriorated multi-tiered log crib that structurally supports the Mount Washburn Path
- mend of the unpaved Chittenden Street and resurfacing of the historic Mount Washburn Fireplace Lookout parking place
- Yellowstone has much more than 900 miles of hiking trails. In lieu of Mount Washburn, take into consideration climbing Bunsen Peak close to Mammoth Very hot Springs, Purple Mountain north of Madison Junction, or Avalanche Peak alongside the East Entrance Road.
- Uncover up to date trail information on the Backcountry Circumstance Report and at customer centers.