Vehicle reservations for Cadillac Summit Road on sale starting February 25

Rate this post

Day: February 22, 2022

Get in touch with: Katie Liming, 207-288-8806

To continue providing a safe and enjoyable visitor experience, the National Park Provider (NPS) will require vehicle reservations for Cadillac Summit Road in Acadia Nationwide Park from May 25 via Oct 22, 2022. Vehicle reservations are bought on a rolling foundation, and the very first reservations will be obtainable for purchase on the net at starting February 25 at 10 a.m. EST. 

“In 2021, we successfully executed the vehicle reservation program for Cadillac Summit Road, which eliminated the unsafe visitors and parking congestion complications we expert at the summit in previous years,” Kevin Schneider, Acadia Nationwide Park Superintendent, reported. “With the demands of growing visitation, car reservations will carry on to be a useful administration device for improving upon the visitor knowledge.”

Cadillac Summit Highway provides a three-mile scenic drive to the major of the greatest peak in the park. Parking is offered in two destinations at the summit along with restrooms, a present shop and scenic overlooks related by a paved wander. 

Critical data for making a vehicle reservation for Cadillac Summit Road:  

  • Car or truck reservations cost $6 every single and have to be ordered on in advance of your visit. They are not available for purchase in particular person at the park.  

  • In addition to obtaining a auto reservation for Cadillac Summit Street, site visitors must have a park entrance pass and exhibit it in their automobile. Park entrance passes are out there on the web at  

  • Starting up February 25, automobile reservations are marketed on a rolling basis. 30 percent of automobile reservations are designed out there 90 times forward of each and every day. The remaining 70 percent are released at 10 a.m. EDT two days in advance of each and every date. 

  • After making a reservation, visitors should open the attachment in the affirmation electronic mail and print or help you save a digital copy of the vehicle reservation ticket with the QR code, which will be scanned to verify the reservation. Internet and mobile connectivity are unreliable in the park. 

  • Car reservations may also be created through the call centre. Making contact with the simply call center does not provide an edge for securing a reservation. Phone facilities are open up daily from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. EST. The next reservation connect with lines are obtainable: 

Toll Free: 877-444-6777 

TDD:  877-833-6777  

Global: 606-515-6777 

  • Auto reservations are not necessary for people who enter the space by foot, bike or taxi. Cadillac Summit is not served by the Island Explorer bus technique.  

  • Automobiles more than 21 feet lengthy (which include bike racks and hitch attachments), RVs and trailers are prohibited.  

  • Professional operators doing organization in the park are expected to use a independent automobile reservation procedure and will have to 1st obtain a Commercial Use Authorization to access it. 

Acadia is between the smallest and most common nationwide parks in the United States with extra than 4 million visits in 2021. Growing visitation has brought about serious website traffic and parking congestion at the park’s most popular destinations, which includes Cadillac Summit. To tackle these difficulties, the NPS accomplished a Transportation Plan in 2019 that provides a assortment of administration actions for the park. The approach integrated a car or truck reservation process for the Cadillac Summit Street, which was fully applied in 2021. 

For far more facts, remember to visit and Acadia National Park’s FbTwitter and Instagram webpages.  

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *