Day: October 15, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO—The National Park Service (NPS) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are looking for community opinions on a combined draft Air Tour Administration Plan (ATMP) that is currently being proposed for Golden Gate National Recreation Space, Muir Woods Countrywide Monument, San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, and Position Reyes National Seashore.
The NPS and FAA encourage any one with an desire in or problem about air tours over Golden Gate Nationwide Recreation Location, Muir Woods National Monument, San Francisco Maritime Countrywide Historic Park, and Position Reyes National Seashore to assessment and remark on the draft ATMP. The proposed prepare would authorize up to 2,548 air tours per 12 months on defined routes. Due to the overlapping geographic areas of Golden Gate Nationwide Recreation Spot and San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park all approved air tour routes fly over the two parks. Of these, 143 of the total business air excursions approved may possibly also consist of Issue Reyes Nationwide Seashore. No helicopter air excursions are licensed over Issue Reyes National Seashore. No commercial air excursions are licensed more than Muir Woods Nationwide Monument. The complete number of air tours authorized beneath the draft ATMP is regular with the current air tours noted over the parks.
Community feedback can be furnished as a result of the NPS Arranging, Natural environment and Community Comment (PEPC) web page from October 15, 2021 through November 15, 2021. The NPS and FAA will consider the comments received to support inform the final ATMP for the San Francisco Bay Place Parks. The project website is offered at: https://parkplanning.nps.gov/BayAreaATMP. A virtual general public meeting is scheduled for Oct 26, 2021, from 4:30pm to 6:00pm. The conference will be accessible via Livestream at: https://youtu.be/vVlOC2ovidA
“We inspire anyone who is fascinated in air tours above the parks to share their views on the proposed strategy,” reported Charles Strickfaden, the park’s Communications Director. “The draft plan is based mostly on latest functions and reported air tour levels at the four Bay Location federal parks. Its reason is to guarantee that park useful resource values, which include all-natural seems, wilderness character, customer activities, wildlife, and other normal and cultural assets, are guarded.”
Golden Gate Countrywide Recreation Region, Muir Woods Countrywide Monument, San Francisco Maritime Countrywide Historic Park, and Issue Reyes Nationwide Seashore are among 24 units of the Nationwide Park Process acquiring air tour administration strategies in cooperation with the FAA. The agencies hope to complete all air tour management programs by the close of August 2022. The timetable is aspect of a plan accepted by the U.S. Court docket of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit for the businesses to comply with the Countrywide Parks Air Tour Management Act of 2000 within two many years.
An vital element of the method is the inclusion of American Indian Tribes. The organizations are consulting with Tribes that have tribal lands inside of or adjacent to the Bay Region Parks, and with Tribes that attach historic and cultural importance to methods in the parks.
Remember to stop by the NPS Air Tours site and the FAA ATMP site for extra in depth details about air tour management options. Back links to assembly notifications, recordings, and slide decks (where by relevant) will be posted to the NPS site.
The 24 parks:
1. Arches Countrywide Park, Utah
2. Badlands Countrywide Park, South Dakota
3. Bandelier Countrywide Monument, New Mexico
4. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
5. Canyon de Chelly Nationwide Monument, Arizona
6. Canyonlands National Park, Utah
7. Demise Valley Nationwide Park, California
8. Everglades Nationwide Park, Florida
9. Glacier National Park, Montana
10. Glen Canyon Nationwide Recreation Spot Arizona, Utah
11. Golden Gate Countrywide Recreation Place, California
12. Good Smoky Mountains Countrywide Park Tennessee, North Carolina
13. Haleakalā National Park, Hawai’i
14. Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park, Hawaiʻi
15. Lake Mead Countrywide Recreation Location Arizona, Nevada
16. Mount Rainier Nationwide Park, Washington
17. Muir Woods Countrywide Monument, California
18. Mount Rushmore Nationwide Memorial, South Dakota
19. Normal Bridges Nationwide Monument, Utah
20. Nationwide Parks of New York Harbor Administration Device New York, New Jersey
21. Olympic National Park, Washington
22. Point Reyes National Seashore, California
23. Rainbow Bridge Countrywide Monument, Utah
24. San Francisco Maritime Countrywide Historic Park, California
For more data see the unique park device contact data under:
Golden Gate National Recreation Space and Muir Woods Countrywide Monument:
Charles Strickfaden, GOGA_General [email protected], (415) 561-4730, www.nps.gov/goga and www.nps.gov/muwo
San Francisco Maritime Countrywide Historic Park:
Morgan M. Smith, [email protected], (415) 859-6797, www.nps.gov/safr
Issue Reyes Countrywide Seashore:
Christine M. Beekman, [email protected], (415) 464-5135, www.nps.gov/pore