Information Release Day: October 29, 2019
Call: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
MAMMOTH Hot SPRINGS, WY – The Nationwide Park Service seeks general public comment on a proposal to exchange the Yellowstone River Bridge in Yellowstone Countrywide Park. The bridge is positioned on the Northeast Entrance Highway in close proximity to Tower Junction.
This task will preserve protected visitor obtain from the park’s Northeast Entrance since the bridge is section of the only street corridor in the park that is open up calendar year-round and plowed in the winter season. Developed in the early 1960s, the concrete deck, sidewalks, and parapets have deteriorated.
The Environmental Assessment (EA) for the proposed task would assess 3 possibilities.
- In Option A (no motion), the bridge would stay in its existing issue.
- Different B would change the bridge with a larger 1,200-foot-very long bridge about 500 feet south of its present area. A person mile of new highway would be produced to line up with the new bridge location. Adhering to construction, the present bridge and roughly 1.5 miles of current road would be taken out and the place restored.
- Alternate C would include the building of a new bridge directly adjacent to and a little north of the present bridge. Subsequent design, the current a single would be removed. The new bridge would be around 600 ft very long and the highway that approaches the bridge would be moved north.
- Alternative B and C would reconstruct the 24-foot-huge bridge to a 30-foot-paved width, reconfigure, and extend the Yellowstone River Picnic Area, and boost turnouts for motor vehicles along the highway.
The EA is scheduled to be accomplished by spring 2020. After full, the EA will be placed on the NPS Organizing, Environment and General public Remark internet site for public evaluation and comment. A selection on the job would manifest very likely by summer 2020.
Feedback need to be received by November 16, 2019. Comments could be submitted on the net at: https://parkplanning.nps.gov/yrb, by hand-supply, or by mail. Feedback will not be recognized by fax, e-mail, or by any other suggests.
Hand-produce opinions through business enterprise hrs to: Albright Customer Center, Focus: Yellowstone River Bridge EA, Mammoth Very hot Springs, Yellowstone Nationwide Park, Wyoming 82190.
Mail reviews to: Compliance Office environment, Consideration: Yellowstone River Bridge EA, P.O. Box 168, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming 82190.
Community Remark Criteria
- Bulk feedback in any structure submitted on behalf of many others will not be accepted.
- Prior to together with your deal with, telephone selection, e mail, or other own data, be conscious that your entire comment – like your individually identifiable information – may well be made community at any time. You could request us to withhold your personally identifiable data from community critique, but we simply cannot guarantee that we will be ready to do so.
- The proposed task is an enterprise as outlined underneath Part 106 of the Countrywide Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) (36 CFR § 800). We welcome comments about historic attributes or other cultural resources that slide within just the undertaking spot.
The NPS will prepare an EA that complies with the National Environmental Policy Act, Area 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, and other relevant legislation and restrictions.
For more data about this proposal, stop by https://parkplanning.nps.gov/yrb.
Editor’s note: Discover images of the bridge on Flickr.