News Release Date: December 9, 2019
Get hold of: Christie Anastasia, 207 288-8806
BAR HARBOR, MAINE – The National Park Services (NPS) is inviting photographers and other artists to submit digital images for use on Acadia National Park’s 2020 annual pass. The selected impression will look on countless numbers of annual passes obtained by website visitors from all over the state. The winner will get credit rating as the photographer and a 2020 Acadia Yearly Pass exhibiting their graphic.
“We welcome photographers and artists of all ages to share their expertise and appreciation of Acadia’s incredible landscape by collaborating in this contest,” reported Superintendent Kevin Schneider. “Having a new graphic on the once-a-year move just about every year will keep on the very long custom of working with art to encourage generations of website visitors to Acadia.”
The NPS retains 80 p.c of the costs gathered from annual move profits to invest in essential enhancements that immediately profit readers at Acadia Countrywide Park, like keeping and improving customer facilities. The yearly move revenues are also critical for funding the procedure of the Island Explorer bus program, which serves Acadia and its encompassing communities. The Acadia Yearly Move expenditures $55 and is valid at Acadia National Park for a person 12 months from the thirty day period of invest in.
- Photographs should be submitted by electronic mail to [email protected] (with Photo CONTEST in the matter line) by 4 pm on Friday, December 20, 2019. The e mail ought to include things like your full name, mailing address, phone amount, and the site of the picture.
- Restrict of one particular picture submitted for each unique.
- Visuals must signify Acadia National Park.
- Photos may possibly be images or initial artwork.
- Photos should be acceptable for formatting on a 4 x 2 inch plastic card (landscape orientation only).
- Photos will have to be submitted in significant-excellent digital format with a bare minimum 300 DPI.
- Photographs really should not have borders/frames, watermarks, labels, signatures, or copyright notices.
The winner will be necessary to sign a copyright permission sort that enables the NPS to have non- exceptional legal rights to use the graphic on the once-a-year pass and in other print or digital media at its discretion. The operator will keep copyright of the graphic for any other uses. The NPS will delete the photographs that are not chosen from its files, and all legal rights for their use will stay with their owners.
NPS staff members and their rapid family customers are not eligible to enter.