News Release Date: July 14, 2021
Get hold of: Pamela Edwards, 928-638-7713
GRAND CANYON, Ariz. – Beginning July 17, 2021, guests traveling to Grand Canyon National Park must be prepared for modifications in shuttle bus operations. The adhering to improvements will be in place from July 17 by way of November 30, 2021 except usually noted.
To guard public wellbeing, all buses and shuttle operations are continue to modified to fulfill COVID-19 tips. Modified buses at this time have a smaller range of passengers per journey with further protection measures in location, which include:
- Shuttle buses are functioning at diminished capacity
- Facial area masks/coverings are required on the bus travellers ought to have their personal confront masks/coverings
- Website visitors will want to enter and exit by way of the rear doorway only
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for use
- Travellers have to comply with all CDC and general public wellbeing bodily distancing recommendations though in line
- Buses go through day-to-day cleaning in accordance to CDC and community wellness advice.
Critical shuttle updates:
- The Village Route (Blue Route) will operate from 5 a.m.-10 p.m.
- The Hermits Relaxation Route (Crimson Route) and the Kaibab Rim Route (Orange Route) will run from 5 a.m. right up until just one hour right after sunset.
- The Kaibab Rim Route (Orange Route) will run to all locations, together with westbound to the Yavapai Geology Museum.
- The Tusayan Route (Purple Route) will not work for the duration of 2021.
The Customer Center-Hermit Highway Convey Bus will operate from 12-8 p.m., just about every 15 minutes. This route takes men and women directly from the Visitor Center to Hermit Highway and vice versa. This route will operate through September 10, 2021. The Hikers’ Categorical Bus, which starts off at the Bright Angel Lodge, then travels to the Backcountry Office, the Visitor Middle, and the South Kaibab trailhead will run at the next times:
- July through August – starts at 4, 5, and 6 a.m.
- September – begins at 5, 6, and 7 a.m.
- October – starts at 6, 7, and 8 a.m.
- November – commences at 7, 8, and 9 a.m.
Extra shuttle bus facts is out there on the net at: www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/shuttle-buses.htm.